Saturday, June 21, 2008

Swim Lessons

Okay if you know me and Adam then you know what "fish" we were when growing up. I swam competively for I think a little over 6 years. Adam basically lived in the water during his summer breaks. So given our background you would think our girls would LOVE the water, right? Well you couldnt be more wrong! Our girls are scared out of their mind of the water!! And when I scared I mean horrified! Since I used to be a swim teacher and what not I always just assumed I would teach our kids how to swim. But that's kinda hard when you dont have a pool or easy access to one. So this summer we finally signed them up (the big two anyways) for lessons. Two weeks, Mon-Thurs.
K let's start with Hailey. She shed some tears in the beginning of her first class. But sucked it up pretty quick! Kyleigh was in her class so I am guessing that helped too. Here are some pics from her first class




Bella. Oh Bella! Bella on the other hand screamed and cried like someone was murdering her! No lie! She screamed and cried the first two days of her class!! It was awful! Her poor teacher! lol After the second day he teacher actually asked Adam if she had a traumatic water experience. But the answer was no! She doesn't cry anymore!!! The last 2 days of lessons have been great!!! Oh Tyler and Kasey are in Bella's class too and they are doing great also! Here are some Of my fav pics of Bella.



1 comment:

My Blessed Life said...

I understand you pain with swim lessons my whole family started swimming when we could walk and we were all fish, now Hannah is convinced she is going to drown and it doesn't matter that the life guard stands over her class and she has a teacher and her parents watching her the longer she is in class the worse she is getting. She has tears in her eyes through most of her class. I don't get it.